INTERNATIONAL VEDIC MATHEMATICS
12th September 2020
The IAVM will be running a new competition in September 2020, the IVMO. It is an international competition that tests ability and speed in using Vedic mathematics techniques and their application in problem solving. There are four levels for the Olympiad: Primary, Junior, Intermediate and Senior.
On the day of sitting (12th September, 2020) valid entries are as follows:
Primary - 11 years and under
Junior - 13 years and under
Intermediate - 16 years and under
Senior - 18 years and under.
The Olympiad will be run at Regional Centres, in any country, under the supervision of Regional Coordinators. Regional Centres to date are to be found in the following cities:
In India, Delhi, Chennai (2), Indore, Shillong, Guwahati, Bengaluru (3), Mumbai (2)
In the Philippines, Palawan (2), Iloilo, Benguet
In Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor
In USA, New York City, Ormond Beach
In Italy, Osoppo
In Hong Kong (2)
In Nepal, Katmandu
There will be award certificates of Bronze, Silver and Gold, issued by the IAVM, for the top 60% (globally) in the ratio 3:2:1. Adults, and anyone outside the intended age brackets, may also sit the Olympiad but will not be included in the student certification.
If you wish to become a Regional Coordinator then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it Works
1. Once registered, Regional Coordinators (RCs) will be sent full sample papers with answers.
2. RCs will be emailed the Olympiad tests and markschemes a few days before the set date.
3. They print out sufficient numbers of tests.
4. Children (students) sit the test under strict exam conditions.
5. RCs then mark the papers according to the markscheme and email back to IAVM the results on a prepared spreadsheet.
6. IAVM collates the results and awards certificates.
The Olympiad can be organised and run either through schools or through private Regional Coordinators.
Download this pdf for further details, including structure, fees, topic lists and sample questions.